The temperature of enjoying red wine, wine is always a high-class and luxurious drink for every party. Drinking wine requires a lot of knowledge about wine. Just like knowing how to enjoy wine, you will find a quality bottle of wine. There are different types of wine such as red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, champagne, etc. Each type of wine has a different way of preserving and using it at different temperatures. But today we are only talking about the best temperature to enjoy red wine. So here we find out what temperature is suitable for drinking red wine.
The right temperature to enjoy red wine
For red wine, people usually drink it at room temperature 22 degrees Celsius. Or before enjoying you can keep it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. But if the red wine is too warm, the high alcohol content of the wine will overwhelm the other unique flavors in the wine. On the contrary, it is not good to brew wine at too cold a temperature. Temperatures that are too cold cause the wine to taste bitter and acrid. Make the bottle of wine you choose no longer to your taste. The value of a bottle of wine will decrease if it is stored and stored improperly.
For light red wines, they should be used at a higher temperature of 12 to 14 degrees Celsius.
Powerful red wines. A bit more pungent, like the reds of the Bourgogne region or the acridness of the Bordeaux region. It is best to enjoy at a temperature between 15 and 18 degrees Celsius.
How to raise or lower the temperature of the wine as needed
Make the temperature rise
– When the bottle of wine we are trying to enjoy is at the wrong temperature. Then bring the bottle of wine in our cellar or somewhere to the dining room 3 hours before. Absolutely do not leave the bottle of wine near the hot place. Like a fireplace or exposure to the sun as this will damage your bottle of wine.
– Use a warm, damp towel around the bottle. If there are many bottles, each bottle should be a warm towel, then stacked on top of each other and should be covered with a warm, damp towel.
Make the temperature drop
– Should do the same as above, also use a damp and cold towel. Then the bottle will have a cool temperature, then put some ice cubes on the towel.
– Can be put in the refrigerator, but must be in the lowest, least cold place of the refrigerator.
– To keep the cold temperature on the table, a ‘seaux à sec’ means a ‘bucket’ without water. A special kind to alcohol. This type of bucket needs to be refrigerated before using for about 2 to 3 hours. This keeps the cold on the table, but the wine bottle does not get wet.
If you need to use a very cold temperature, you must use the ‘seaux à glacé’ type, the bucket must be filled with cold water and ice. This will lower the temperature and keep the temperature evenly on the table. How to use this type of bucket. First the bucket must have the height to let cold water. And the ice up to the neck of the bottle is only about 2 inches from the mouth of the bottle. The bottle must lie on its side. Put in two-thirds really cold water with one-third ice.
Especially avoid leaving the bottle of wine in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Because the temperature drops too low, being too cold causes the wine to spoil. Almost all wines are not suitable for temperatures that are too low or too high. Especially when the temperature changes so suddenly from one extreme to the other.
Some notes when enjoying red wine.
Note that any bottle of red wine is either too cold or too hot. It will also reduce the quality of the wine bottle drastically. Because the flavor of the wine bottle evaporates too quickly. Therefore, before you have time to enjoy the delicious taste of wine, its taste has already disappeared.
In particular, absolutely do not cool the bottle of wine too quickly. By putting in the freezer of the refrigerator to taste the sudden change in temperature. And quickly will cause the bottle of wine to spoil the taste. There is no longer the taste that the wine you chose to enjoy.
TRUE WINE SYSTEM IN VIETNAM
Thong Nhat Bridge, Kim Anh, Soc Son, Hanoi
140 Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi City
20 Le Quang Hoa, Hoa Xuan Ward, Cam Le District, Da Nang City
20A Cao Ba Quat, Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa
88 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Ward 2, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City