In the art of enjoying wine, the combination of dishes is also extremely important. It directly affects the wine drinker’s experience. In this article, True Wine will note for you the cases to avoid when enjoying wine combined with seafood.
How to choose the right wine to pair with seafood?
White wine with seafood
The easiest explanation for the great pairing of white wines with seafood is that white wines are more acidic than other wines. Is it true that when you drink white wine, you will clearly feel the slight sourness of grapes?
It is that acid when combined with seafood, often processed as salads, eaten raw will brighten the taste of seafood. When we eat, we also feel delicious and the taste of the wine from there is more absorbed.
In addition to pairing with seafood, white wine pairs well with appetizers or salads. White wines are great when pairing light dishes. This combination really harmonizes and is a safe choice for those who are new to wine.
Can red wine be used with seafood?
To answer this question, we need to go back to the properties of red wine. Red wines are almost always higher in tannins than in other wines. Therefore, when we drink, we will feel a bit dry, acrid, slightly dry throat. But if combined with rich, rich red meats, the tannins in the wine will be smoother.
Because fat reduces the perception of tannins in wine. If eaten with seafood, the tannins in the wine will make the seafood more fishy than ever. However, this is not an “immutable” principle in wine combined with seafood, so if you like, you can still break the rule.
What foods should rose wine pair with?
Rose wine is known as the bottle of summer. So, in parties, rosé wine is easy to combine with dishes, especially appetizers such as seafood soup, salad, tomato and bell pepper mix, cucumber fish red onion, etc.
Rose wine also pairs well with fish, shellfish and lobster. Better than wine combined with seafood, rose wine also combines with Italian dishes such as seafood pizza, grilled chicken, grilled pork, sausages of all kinds, …
The thing to note here, rosé wine cannot be combined with strong dishes. This is probably why we don’t drink rosé in the middle of winter.
Cases to avoid when pairing wine with seafood?
When choosing wine to pair with seafood, we need to avoid making the following mistakes:
- Do not eat foods containing too much acid before enjoying white wine with seafood. Because these foods contain a lot of acid, it will cause the stomach to have reflux, heartburn when enjoying the food
- Chewing rubber tongs before enjoying wine and seafood is also a taboo. The reason is that the taste of candy will drown out the taste of wine and food
- Before drinking alcohol, you should not consume foods or beverages containing caffeine. Being an acidic food, drinking coffee or energy drinks before or while drinking can cause acid reflux.
- Do not combine red wine with raw seafood because it will make the taste of the food become more fishy
Note when pairing white wine with seafood
Some notes when pairing white wine with seafood:
- First, do not drink alcohol to be too cold. The most suitable temperature for white wine is 6-8 degrees Celsius. The best wine, so enjoy seafood deliciously.
- Second, light white wines should be paired with steamed or boiled seafood dishes.
- Third, for medium white wine, it should be combined with salted, fried, fried seafood dishes…
Top 3 bottles of wine combined with seafood are extremely reasonable
CASAS DEL TOQUI SINGLE ESTATE CHARDONNAY
Casas Del Toqui Single Estate has an extremely rich flavor by the diverse combination of fruits to make this wine product such as: fresh green apple, ripe pineapple, lemon and stevia… The quintessence of such flavors makes the wine so powerful and full of character. Feeling when enjoying this wine will be the aroma of grass as well as of citrus…will make you see the richness of the sugar in this wine.
To ensure that you can enjoy the wine with its values can bring the most optimal effect, you should combine drinking this wine with basic dishes such as: Seafood dishes, fish, tom ..salats, especially pork dishes prepared in the style of grilled meat marinated with various spices, will give you the best feeling.
GUARDIA DEI MORI PINOT GRIGIO . WHITE WINE
Guardia Dei Mori Pinot Grigio wine is made from 100% Pinot Grigio, grown in the Venezie wine growing region. Grapes are harvested and carefully selected entirely by hand to select the best quality grapes, reaching perfect ripeness.
WINE CHATEAU MARJOSSE ENTER-DEUX-MERS
TRUE WINE SYSTEM IN VIETNAM
Thong Nhat Bridge, Kim Anh, Soc Son, Hanoi
140 Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi City
20 Le Quang Hoa, Hoa Xuan Ward, Cam Le District, Da Nang City
20A Cao Ba Quat, Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa
88 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Ward 2, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City